Skin Rejuvenation & Resurfacing Conveniently located to serve Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, and Glendale
What happens during skin rejuvenation?
Laser resurfacing can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of the entire face or those that develop in specific regions of the face, such as the upper lip and around the eyes.
Laser and light treatments resurface the skin to treat pigmentation disorders, such as sun and age spots.
Careful consideration of your natural skin color and type will determine the treatment best suited for you to minimize the risk of developing additional pigmentation or a loss of pigmentation (whitening of the skin).
Laser and fractional resurfacing, or mechanical resurfacing such as dermabrasion or dermaplaning, can improve the appearance of acne scars as well as other skin conditions.
The degree of scarring, your skin type, and your color will determine the treatment options available to you.
What about my long-term recovery? A series of treatments are required to achieve improvement in skin texture and clarity and repeated treatments are essential to maintain your results.
When your procedure is completed, you will be instructed on how to care for the treated skin. You will also be reminded about:
- The expected duration of your results
- Specific concerns to look for in treated skin
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon
The results of skin resurfacing and rejuvenation are variable depending on the technology or treatment prescribed for you.
Following your treatment, whether skin resurfacing or rejuvenation, your skin will continue to age naturally and you may develop similar conditions to those that have been treated, or other skin conditions.
How Gifted You Are!
“Dr. Lille, I want to thank you for the wonderful care that you have given me. How gifted you are to make people take and feel better about themselves. Please enjoy the book, I have read it more than once. Share it with family and friends.”
Results and outlook
Skin resurfacing and rejuvenation procedures can produce a marked improvement in skin conditions and your overall appearance.
The technologies and treatments available are advancing rapidly and you may be surprised at the improvement that can be achieved by relatively simple procedures.
Enhancing your appearance with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing
If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light, and other energy-based treatments to other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer, and more youthful appearance to your skin.
What can skin rejuvenation treat?
Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity, and overall appearance of your skin.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters, or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
Before & After Patient Photos
Is it right for me?
While not as involved as surgical cosmetic procedures, skin rejuvenation is a medical procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Skin rejuvenation is an option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
What to expect during your consultation
The success and safety of your skin rejuvenation procedure depend very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You’ll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires, and lifestyle.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the procedure, your expectations, and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
- Past cosmetic treatments
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss the options available to you for facial rejuvenation
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a skin rejuvenation and any risks or potential complications
Important facts about the safety and risks of skin rejuvenation treatment
The decision to have a skin rejuvenation treatment is extremely personal and you’ll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable.
Your plastic surgeon and/or staff will explain in detail the risks associated with your procedure. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks and potential complications.
The risks include:
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Textural changes
- Skin surface irregularities
- Burns and scarring
How Much Will Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing Treatments Cost?
Cost is always a consideration in elective procedures. Prices can vary widely. A surgeon’s cost may vary based on his or her experience as well as a geographic office location.
Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask.
Cost may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication, and
- Medical tests
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact us today if you have any questions about skin rejuvenation and resurfacing in Scottsdale or would like to schedule a consultation at Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon. We will build the ideal treatment plan for you in order to help you achieve smoother, more radiant skin.